Who is eligible?
The following students may apply for entry into one of the outlined courses via the Regional and Remote Entry Scheme:
- Current Year 12 students who are undertaking their final year of schooling at a regional or remote secondary school (as defined by the new ABS categories), that is not located in a major city of Australia.
- Current Year 12 students from schools in the Greater City of Geelong.
Please note: only current Year 12 students may apply for this Scheme via VTAC.
This adjustment is applied to the aggregate of VTAC applicants who are currently studying Year 12 at an Australian School in a Regional or Remote area as follows:
- Remote or Very Remote - 10 aggregate adjustment
- Outer Regional - 7 aggregate adjustment
- Inner Regional - 4 aggregate adjustment
- City of Greater Geelong schools - no adjustment, but eligible to apply to this scheme through VTAC
If your school's address is returned with a classification between RA2 and RA5 (or you are within the City of Greater Geelong) you are eligible to apply for the Regional and Remote Entry Scheme.
To check your eligibility please enter the full address of your school on the regional or remote area map.
For more information, visit the Deakin Access and Equity Programs page.
How to apply
Current Year 12 students can apply for the Scheme through VTAC using the codes below:
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science H343 Regional and Remote Entry Scheme VTAC code: 1400310381
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science / Bachelor of Business (Sport Management) D394 Regional and Remote Entry Scheme VTAC code: 1400314681.
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging H309 Regional and Remote Entry Scheme VTAC code: 1400310481
- Bachelor of Vision Science/Master of Optometry D302 Regional and Remote Entry Scheme VTAC code 1400310261
VTAC Personal Statement:Applicants must include the address of their school and a statement as to why they would like to study the course on their VTAC Personal Statement when applying for entry into the course.
Visit the VTAC website for more information.