Deakin Collaborative Eye Care Clinic
Our optometry research labs, including the colour vision clinic, are located within the Deakin Collaborative Eye Care Clinic (DCECC). DCECC is overseen by our School of Medicine, and used by many of our optometry and research students studying Deakin's Bachelor of Vision Science/Master of Optometry. It's open to the public, with services predominately focused on dry eye management and contact lens patients. Plus, Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) examinations are also conducted at the clinic by a Designated Aviation Optometrist.
The design of DCECC features six consult rooms, and provides a contemporary fit out consistent with commercial optometry practices, and reflects a typical working environment that graduates and students on placement will be exposed to in their professional life.
Colour vision research lab
Our research aims to understand the impact of abnormal and altered colour vision perception.
The aims of the lab are to:
- increase primary care practice understanding and access to colour vision assessment tools
- examine the impact of colour vision defects on early educational progress
- improve the use of colour vision markers in detection and monitoring of acquired eye pathology
- investigate how colour can be used to maximise performance in displays.
Specialty techniques and equipment available in our lab include:
- Colour Assessment and Diagnosis (CAD)
- ColorDx CCT-HD (konan)
- Goodlite True Daylight Illuminator
- Optec 900
- Arrangement tests: FM100, D15, Adams, H16, desaturated D15
The colour vision clinic is located within the Deakin Collaborative Eye Care Clinic (DCECC) and is a referral clinic for patients within the community for comprehensive colour vision assessment.
The lab currently receives funding from:
2020: Defence Science and Technology, Colour vision and displays – Collaborative Agreement MYIP9004 $95.863
Dr Amanda Douglass
Ph: +613 5227 8565
Dr Geoff Sampson
Ph: +613 5227 3188
For enquiries, please contact Dr Amanda Douglass.
For clinical referrals, please email a copy of the referral to email@example.com.