Elite Athlete Sports Grants
Deakin University is proud to support elite and emerging athletes as they balance the demands of high-level sport with their studies. As a member of the Elite Athlete Education Network (EAEN), Deakin University has signed an agreement with the Australian Sports Commission to support the integration of Australian elite athletes’ sporting and academic aspirations.
Our Elite Athlete Grant Program provides financial assistance to athletes across three key performance levels:
- GOLD: Elite Athletes – Olympic and Paralympic, national open age squads – Up to $2000
- SILVER: Emerging Elite Athletes – Fringe Olympic and Paralympic selection, National under age squads – Up to $1000
- BRONZE: State level athletes and athletes with a demonstrated need for funding support – Up to $500
Deakin University has a proud history of supporting elite athletes across numerous sports. Read about some of our current elite athletes.
The grants program also extends to support students chosen to participate in the World University Games and Championships.
- current enrolled Deakin student
- evidence of representation in the sport and the nominated event
- must retain a successful academic record at Deakin
- grants will be provided for either sport within Australia or travel from Australia for sporting events
- application must not derive more than $15 000 AUD per annum from your sport or related sponsorships (cash or contra).
Applications now open. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Applications open||1 January 2021|
|Applications close||31 May 2021|
|Applications assessed||June 2021|
|Completion (payments distributed)||
30 June 2021* Completion (payments distributed)|
* World university sport representation will be funded at the time of the event (outside the timelines of the general grants)
For further information, please contact the Elite Sports Coordinator Jack Duke on 0438 712 324 or email email@example.com.