This page is about getting involved at Deakin. There is an exciting ambassador program called Green Impact being rolled out at Burwood in 2018, and other campuses from 2019. You can also check out our environment sustainability club.
Make your Green Impact!
Green Impact is Deakin University's new change and engagement program for people wanting to make a sustainable difference on campus. Staff located in the same physical space (such as an office, department, floor or building) are invited to create a team and get creative to tackle sustainability issues, compete with other teams across the university, and get rewarded for their achievements. All Green Impact actions link to Deakin’s Sustainability Aspirations & our commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals help Deakin work towards Sustainable Campuses. The actions incorporate carbon reduction, water efficiency, engagement activities, skills development and purchasing.
Why get involved?
- Help make real sustainable change in your area.
- Work with like-minded people to progress actions that are of interest to your school or area.
- Learn more about Deakin’s Sustainability Aspirations & our commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and be part of sustainable progress and achievements.
- Gain recognition for your efforts through the annual Award Ceremony. Why Green Impact?
- Tried and Tested: Developed in the UK by the National Union of Students (NUS) and piloted for the first time in Australia at the Uni of Melbourne in 2017, it’s been implemented by over 476 organisations worldwide.
- Collaborative: The program encourages you to work together with colleagues, share a passion and build a network of ‘change makers'.
- Fun, flexible and easy: Actions are already mapped out and allow you to do what you can, undertaking actions that are of interest to you or important to your area.
- Empowering: Actions focus on things that you have control over, and challenge you to progress unique or innovative actions. You can achieve Bronze, Silver or Gold accreditation.
We recommend all Green Impact Participants attend the Green Impact information Session below, email Sustainability@deakin.edu.au to register your attendance and any dietary requirements.
- Information session/sign up to Green Impact - Wednesday 4 July (from 12-1pm at Burwood Corporate Centre (BC) (Lunch provided) email Sustainability@deakin.edu.au to register your attendance and any dietary requirements.
- July to October: Green Teams undertake Actions.
- Friday 26 October: Toolkit submission deadline.
- Thursday 1 November: Green Impact Guardians Toolkit Audits.
- Mid-November: Awards Event.
- November/December: Feedback & Evaluation.
Join the Deakin Enviro Club
Your feedback / Suggestions
Got a great Sustainability Idea for Deakin? Email us
Want to report a leaking tap, or other fault problem on campuses? Then submit a work request here
Sustainability Research and Courses
Find a sustainability course to study, register for one of our events and find out more about our life sciences and environment research.
|Take the Sustainability Pledge and support Sustainability@Deakin.|