COVID-19 Financial Assistance
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic Deakin has developed a support scheme for students in need.
The safety and wellbeing of our community remains our top priority, and we are doing everything possible to support our students, during this difficult time.
Support options range from monetary amounts to other relevant support mechanisms, such as fee extensions. To find out more about the support scheme, eligibility requirements and to apply, visit the appropriate link below.
Domestic students*Apply now
International students*Apply now
* Excludes Deakin College students.
Trimester/Semester 2 2020 update - The eligibility for both the Domestic and International schemes has changed. Before submitting an application please ensure your are eligible.
There are also support options available to help you through MoneySmart, providing tips and information assisting through periods of financial difficulty and hardship. It will also contain the latest up to date information from the government announcements and guidance.
You can keep up to date with changes at Deakin's COVID-19 (coronavirus) FAQs. Deakin's FAQ's have been updated to include the following important FAQ's topics
- About COVID-19
- Deakin's response to COVID-19
- Enrolment, study and administration
- Your health and wellbeing
- Attending a Deakin campus and student support
- Information for students living on Deakin residences
- Travel restrictions and advice
- Transitioning to online study
- International student COVID-19 FAQ
- Support options - Deakin, DUSA and other organisations