End-of-unit assessments and examinations
Understanding End of Unit Assessments and Exams
While exams may still be suitable for some courses, many units now offer alternative methods to showcase your learning through real-world applications. Undergraduate and postgraduate students (excluding HDR students) may take timed End-of-Unit Assessments (EoUA), which simulate workplace challenges and standards. This change will commence from Trimester/Semester 1 2023.
Most end of unit assessments and exams will be delivered through your CloudDeakin unit site. Your unit site will contain full details of your end of unit assessment and your exams. StudentConnect will have details of your exam timetable.
Access plan adjustments remain in place and will be applied to exams where applicable.
End of unit assessments
End of unit assessments are unsupervised and can be held under the following formats:
- A timed assessment
- A timed assessment available for a 24 hour window
- An assessment which you will download to work on, then return to the site to upload it.
Check your unit site for full details.
All exams will be supervised and subject to usual exam conditions:
- Check your exam timetable in StudentConnect carefully.
- You can set or change your location for time zone purposes by completing the Nominate or change of exam location form. Please check the exam important dates below. No further changes will be possible after this date. Updating this information is important for the timing of your exam.
- Carefully read the details included in your unit site for your exam.
- Complete the practice 'test your system' exam.
Exam timetableView the exam timetable release and exam schedule.
Exam locationInformation on campus based and online exams and how to change your location.
Online exam technical supportSupport information and FAQs if you're undertaking exams in Cloud Deakin.
Supervised online examsInformation on preparing for your supervised exam.
Exam preparationStrategies and tips can help you better prepare for your exams.
CounsellingDevelop techniques to improve your confidence and to manage any anxiety that you may experience.
If you require any online support, contact the IT Help Desk and submit a ticket or call 1800 463 888 or +61 3 5227 8888 if calling from overseas.