Report writing is an essential skill in many disciplines. Master it now at university and writing reports in the workplace will be easier.
A report aims to inform and sometimes to persuade. They should be written as clearly and succinctly as possible with evidence about a topic, problem or situation.
Here are some general guidelines but check with your lecturer for more detailed information about what is expected.
- Bogg, D 2012, Report writing, MacGrawHill/Open University, Maidenhead, UK.
- Eunson, B 2012, Communicating in the 21st century, 3rd edn, Wiley, Sydney.
- Kuiper, S 2007, Contemporary business report writing, Thompson, Mason.
- Writing reports
- A resource on report writing from the University of Canberra.
- An overview on reports from UOW Learning Co-Op
- Writing laboratory reports
- University of NSW writing laboratory reports resource
- Writing business reports
- A resource on business reports from UOW
- Writing technical reports
- A resource on technical reports from Monash university