2022 Research Degree dates
Dates relating to scholarships and international fees are listed here for students studying a research degree.
Applications for candidature without scholarship may be made at any time. Applications for candidature and scholarships must be made by the applicable deadline. Commencement of candidature is not confined to Deakin's trimesters.
For further details on research scholarships available and application deadlines, see Scholarships.
Please note that the Doctor of Psychology (Clinical or Health streams) has only one yearly intake. More information is at Deakin's How to apply.
2022 Research Degree Census dates
|2022 Quarter 1 Census date for international candidates||Thursday 31 March|
|2022 Quarter 2 Census date for international candidates||Thursday 30 June|
|2022 Quarter 3 Census date for international candidates||Friday 30 September|
|2022 Quarter 4 Census date for international candidates||Saturday 31 December|
University opening dates and public holidays
|New Year's Day||Saturday 1 January||Closed|
|University opens for 2022||Thursday 6 January||Open|
|Australia Day||Wednesday 26 January||Closed|
|Labour Day||Monday 14 March||Open|
|Good Friday||Friday 15 April||Closed|
|Saturday of Easter weekend||Saturday 16 April||Closed|
|Easter Sunday||Sunday 17 April||Closed|
|Easter Monday||Monday 18 April||Closed|
|Easter Tuesday||Tuesday 19 April||Closed|
|ANZAC Day||Monday 25 April||Closed|
|Queen's Birthday||Monday 13 June||Open|
|AFL Grand Final Eve||Friday 23 September||Closed|
|Melbourne Cup||Tuesday 1 November||Open|
|University shut down||Friday 23 December||Closed|
|Christmas Day||Sunday 25 December||Closed|
|Boxing Day||Monday 26 December||Closed|
|Christmas Day holiday||Tuesday 27 December||Closed|
|New Year's Day||Sunday 1 January 2023||Closed|
|University opens for 2023||Wednesday 4 January 2023||Open|
*When CLOSED is indicated, please note that our libraries may still be available on some days when the Uni is closed, please check the library website to confirm opening hours.
Census date explained
The census date is important as it is the last date to finalise aspects of your enrolment and fee obligations as detailed below.
International fee-paying students - last day to withdraw from current study period and receive a 50% refund.
- Last day to withdraw from units, intermit from current study period or discontinue course without HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP liability
- Last day for Commonwealth supported, HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or SA-HELP students to make full or partial upfront payments for current study period
- Last day for Commonwealth supported students to submit online Commonwealth Assistance Form and/or provide their tax file number (TFN)
- FEE-HELP - last day for domestic fee-paying students to apply for FEE-HELP or pay fees up front for study period
- Last day to withdraw from current study period without incurring the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Last day to withdraw from current study period units without reference on academic record.
Login to StudentConnect to check your fees or change your enrolment.
For further assistance contact Student Central.