Experience the world while you study.
Thanks to partnerships with organisations all over the world, there are several opportunities to gain an international perspective on your studies. These international experiences enable you to appreciate the importance of the nurse's role in different environments and understand through practical experience the meaning of global citizenship.
Undergraduate Nursing and Midwifery study tours
If you are eligible, you can apply to participate in an international study tour as an elective unit to the following places:
- The Philippines.
Study tours run for 2–4 weeks and offer you the amazing opportunity of combining study and cultural immersion all whilst gaining credit towards your degree.
On a faculty-led study tour you are part of a group, which is guided by academics. This provides opportunities otherwise out of reach for an independent traveller.
The benefits are you will:
- be taught in English with an interpreter if required at the host organisation sites
- be enrolled in a unit and gain credit towards your degree on successful completion of the unit
- be introduced to health care and health care delivery in the selected country
- be introduced to the culture of the selected country through a range of activities
- have the chance to establish an international network and potential career opportunities.
The School of Nursing and Midwifery can also offer an exchange with a university in Denmark where you can undertake a trimester of your studies and gain credit towards your degree. Students study for 1 trimester at VIA University College, Viborg. This exchange opportunity is available to Bachelor of Nursing students in Trimester 2 of the 2nd year of the course.
The study tours and student exchange program meet the requirements for OS-HELP, eligible participants may apply for an OS-HELP loan.