Apply to be a Maths Mentor
Being a Maths Mentor not only provides a fantastic paid job, it also enhances your own study and employability by developing a myriad of knowledge and skills, which may include all of the Deakin Graduate Learning Outcomes.
Maths Mentor positions are open to all current Deakin students who have:
- Good academic results with WAM (average results) greater than 65% and high achievement demonstrated within maths related units.
- Completed at least eight undergraduate Deakin units.
How to become a mentor
Recruitment for Maths Mentor positions takes place September – October each year for the following year.
Mentors are recruited from ALL faculties.
If your application is successful you will be expected to successfully complete all phases of the recruitment process including completion of online self-access training modules and a group training day.
Training covers areas such as:
- What it means to be a mentor
- Effective mentor behaviours
- Understanding the boundaries of peer-professional working relationships
- Effective communication
Applications are now open and close on 3 November 2023.
For more information contact email@example.com.