Payment options for tuition fees
There are a few ways that you can pay your tuition fees, and you should only use a payment option that's listed on your invoice to pay your fees at Deakin.
If you are a prospective international student, please refer to Deakin's international student fees and scholarships webpage.
Fee payment scams
Scammers are still actively targeting international university students. These scams are designed to take your money in a dishonest way leaving your university fees unpaid. Please be aware of the following.
- If anyone offers you a discount or an extension on your university fees by email, delete it or by phone, hang up.
- If a friend recommends a fee payment scheme that offers you a discount or extension, don't accept.
- If you receive a phone call asking for your Deakin student ID, hang up.
- If you receive a phone call or email asking you to deposit money into a local bank account, ignore it.
All valid payment options are displayed on your student invoice and listed below. Payments can take up to five working days to appear on your student record. Consider this when planning your payments to make sure you meet the invoice due date.
Payment via StudentConnect
Our preference is that you pay your invoice online via StudentConnect. Scroll to the bottom of your invoice and click the 'pay now' button. Payment can be made by MasterCard, Visa, PayPal and other options. Allow five (5) working days for your payment to be processed and appear on StudentConnect.
Contact your bank or financial institution to make a payment from your cheque, savings, debit, credit card or transaction account. BPAY reference details can be found on the print friendly version of your online invoice available on StudentConnect. Allow five (5) working days for your payment to be processed and appear on StudentConnect.
Other payment options
Payments can be made by credit card over the phone with Student Central.
Payments made from overseas
If you are paying your tuition fees from overseas, there are a couple of ways you can pay:
Payments via StudentConnect
You can also pay your fees via StudentConnect using a credit card, Flywire or Paypal.
To make a flywire payment:
- Go to Deakin's flywire payment page
- Choose 'current students'.
- Scroll to the bottom of your invoice and click the 'pay nw' button.
- Keep a record of your reference number.
- Allow five (5) working days for your payment to be processed and appear on StudentConnect.
- You can keep track of your payment by logging into the Flywire payment page.
Convera (Western Union)
To make a Convera payment:
- Go to the Convera website.
- Select Deakin University (not Deakin College).
- Choose the fee you are paying (usually option '02 Tuition Fee' for continuing students).
- Enter the amount shown on your online invoice, which is available from StudentConnect.
You must generate a new Convera quote every time you make a payment. If you use a previous quote, your payment will not be accepted by Convera, delaying your payment to Deakin.
Once you have made your payment you can track its progress on the Convera website using your payment reference number, beginning with EAU33618. Please allow five (5) working days for your payment to be processed and appear on StudentConnect.
More information on paying by Convera
You may be interested in
Managing Spam & Phishing EmailsDeakin's IT Help team provides advice on managing spam and phishing emails.
Cyber Security @ DeakinCyber Security @ Deakin provides students and staff with tips to stay secure online.
Online scams - what you need to knowScammers try to steal your money or personal information using a variety of methods.
International student scamsUseful tips to help you understand what to look out for and how to protect yourself.