DUMT-Mechatronics labs provide training and build areas for all mechatronic and electronic projects, including PCB creation from the PCB mills, for students, industry and the wider Deakin community.
Whether you want to learn and build mechatronic projects yourself or need some additional expertise on your next project, we are here to help.
Spaces and open times
The lab is open from 8am–5pm weekdays.
Consultations: Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 11am during trimester.
Mechatronics consists of four laboratory spaces:
- Mechatronics design lab – KE2.110
- Mechatronics project realisation lab – KE2.111
- Two separate physics labs – KE2.113 and KE2.114.
Using the lab
Access the lab
To obtain access to the lab and its equipment, please refer to commencing a project.
You must have completed the following prior to using the laboratories:
- Online lab safety training modules
- Local area induction session
- Equipment specific induction
- Project safety assessment.
Explore the lab
Mechatronics engineering team
Senior Technical Officer