Level 1 – Online safety training induction
Commencing School of Engineering undergraduate and masters by coursework students are required to complete an online safety induction in their first trimester as a zero credit point. You will complete either:
- Unit code SEE700 (masters by coursework)
- Unit code SEJ010 (undergraduate).
Masters by research students, HDR students, School of Engineering staff, other Deakin researchers and clients access the induction through CloudDeakin.
Level 2 – Local area induction
This induction is specialised for each individual laboratory and allows the inductee to work in the area under minimal supervision completing general tasks for that area but not to operate specific machinery, i.e. specialised power tools, experimental rigs, specialised scientific equipment, mills, 3D printer etc.
A local area induction is required for each individual laboratory space you use. This induction is offered to undergraduate students during PODBL course units.
All final year project, masters, PhD students, and staff must complete the required inductions prior to commencement of their project. You can register to attend your induction via Eventbrite:
- Materials labs local area induction
- Product realisation local area induction
- Civil and environmental engineering level 2 local area inductions
Electrical and mechatronics students:
Level 3 – Equipment/technique-specific induction
This induction is equipment specific and allows the inductee to work in the area operating specific machinery, i.e. specialised power tools, experimental rigs, specialised scientific equipment, mills, 3D printer etc.
All School of Engineering laboratories equipment and instrumentation require an induction.
Register for an induction session
- 3D Printing induction
- Product realisation - please contact the technician
- Civil - please contact the technician
- Electrical - please contact the technician
- Mechatronics - please contact the technician
- Densimeter induction
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Hardness testing induction
- Heat treatment induction
- Instron load frames induction
- Materials preparation induction
- Melt flow indexer induction
- Optical microscopy induction
- Optical profilometry (Alicona) induction
- Scanning electron microscope induction