Confirmation of Enrolment
A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) provides various government departments (such as Department of Home Affairs) with important information about an international student's enrolment status.
Your CoE should accurately reflect your course enrolment, course duration through course start and end dates, fees paid, and total fees required to be paid for the course. Your CoE will also indicate your current status whether this be 'approved', 'visa granted' or 'studying'.
If you require a new CoE you should lodge your application at least 10 working days before you need it. Deakin cannot issue a CoE at the last minute.
You must lodge your visa application before the course start date on the CoE, otherwise the online visa application system will not allow you to lodge the application.
You must have a valid CoE at all times while you are studying on a student visa in Australia. If your CoE is cancelled, your visa may be cancelled by the Department of Home Affairs.
If you are under 18 years of age and hold a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) issued by Deakin at the time your COE is cancelled, your CAAW will also be cancelled.
Deakin is required to cancel your CoE in certain circumstances. For example, your CoE may be cancelled if:
- you commence your course but choose to discontinue your studies before course completion
- you fail to commence your course within the commencement period
- you are discontinued by the University for non-payment of fees
- you are discontinued by the University for unsatisfactory academic progress
- you are discontinued by the University for academic or general misconduct
- you are granted intermission (a new CoE will be issued for your returning trimester)
- you fail to re-enrol in your course (or you withdraw from your units) and your enrolment status becomes inactive
- you complete your course more than two months before the course end date on your CoE
- your application or acceptance into a course is withdrawn under clause 11 of the admission process, enrolment, fees and charges procedure.