If you're an international student currently living in Victoria, experiencing financial difficulties, you may be eligible for assistance through this scheme. This scheme aims to provide one-off assistance through the provision of non-financial support options or financial support up to $500, for students who are in need of urgent support.
This grant aims to support international students who are experiencing urgent unexpected financial difficulties which are impacting their ability to study.
This assistance is intended to provide one-off/short-term support. You must be able to provide evidence of your current financial hardship and demonstrate your hardship is not ongoing in nature.
To be eligible you must be:
- An international student
- Resident in Victoria
- Experiencing unexpected or short-term financial hardship
- Actively enrolled in an award course, non-award studies or with DUELI
- Not already received this grant in 2022
- Able to provide supporting documentation to confirm your hardship
This assistance has been made possible by funding from the Victorian Government through the Study Melbourne International Education Resilience Fund.
You are not eligible for this scheme if you:
- Are deemed to have a long-term or ongoing financial hardship
- Already received support through this scheme in 2022
- Are not resident in Victoria
- Have discontinued your studies or completed your course requirements
- Your circumstances are ongoing in nature or no evidence of hardship has been provided
- Have an active encumbrance on your enrolment.
- Do not provide sufficient documentation to support your claim.
- Students currently enrolled at Deakin College are not eligible for support through this scheme.
You will be required to provide the following documentation with your application. The University will not ask you for additional documentation, to avoid your application being closed please ensure you provide everything with your original submission.
- Evidence of financial need eg. disconnection notice, eviction notice, overdue utility fee notice.
- Bank account statements showing deposits and withdrawals from the last month. Please provide statements for all bank accounts you use. Your bank statements must show all your household income/expenses, if your documents don’t show evidence of your income and expenses your application will be closed.
- Payslips from the last month.
- Evidence you are a current Victorian residency.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Deakin manages personal information it holds, including requests by individuals for access to their personal information, in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic). Information on privacy at Deakin is available at deakin.edu.au/footer/privacy. Questions about privacy may be directed to the Privacy Officer on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to email@example.com.