Blackboard Ally will provide students with an alternative format for resources in unit sites, with a click of a button. This will dramatically increase access for students on low bandwidth, with vision impairments or other disabilities, and from non-English speaking backgrounds.
To access alternative formats:
- Open the Content list in your unit site and go to the file you wish to access in a different format.
- Click on the Alternative formats icon beside the file name.
- Select your preferred format:
- Tagged PDF (structured OCR PDF for improved use with assistive technology)
- HTML (for viewing in the browser and on mobile devices)
- ePub (for reading as an e-book or on an iPad or other readers)
- Electronic braille (BRF version for electronic braille displays)
- Audio (MP3 version for listening)
- BeeLine Reader (enhanced version for faster on-screen reading)
- Translated version (machine translated version of the original, with a choice of 50 languages).
- The version should appear in a short time.
Note: Blackboard Ally will only convert the following file types into alternative formats: