Blackboard Ally provides you with an alternative format for resources in unit sites. This will dramatically increase access for students on low bandwidth, with vision impairments or other disabilities, and from non-English speaking backgrounds.
To access alternative formats:
- Open the content list in your unit site and go to the file you wish to access in a different format.
- Click on the alternative formats icon beside the file name.
- Select your preferred format:
- Tagged PDF (structured OCR PDF for improved use with assistive technology).
- HTML (for viewing in the browser and on mobile devices).
- ePub (for reading as an e-book or on an iPad or other readers).
- Electronic braille (BRF version for electronic braille displays).
- Audio (MP3 version for listening).
- BeeLine Reader (enhanced version for faster on-screen reading).
- Translated version (machine translated version of the original, with a choice of 50 languages).
- The version should appear in a short time.
Note: Blackboard Ally will only convert the following file types into alternative formats: