Change Cloud campus unit exam location
Deakin provides exam locations for our Cloud Campus students around Australia, and the world.
Some important points about Cloud Campus unit exams
- All exam start times are held at the local time of your exam location.
- Deakin reserves the right to withdraw exam locations at its discretion and to allocate students to exam locations. Deakin is not obligated to use student-nominated exam supervisors.
- Changing your address on StudentConnect does not change your exam location. Follow the instructions below on this page under 'How to change your location for Cloud Campus units'.
- If your exam location is not listed below then please specify your preferred exam location in the Nominate or change of exam venue form. We will then allocate you to our closest established exam venue. Exam guidelines state that Deakin students sitting exams for Cloud Campus units are expected to travel up to 160kms to attend an established Deakin exam venue.
Campus based unit exams (on campus)
- If you are studying a unit at a physical campus, you must sit the exam on that campus. If you have a mix of Campus and Cloud campus examinable units, the Campus unit exams will be held at the campus only and cannot be relocated. For more information, visit Campus based exams.
How to check your exam location for Cloud Campus units
At the start of each study period, you should check that your exam location has been set correctly in StudentConnect. You may be required to pay a fee if your exam location is not correctly recorded or you have not nominated an exam location within the required deadline for exam venue changes. It is your responsibility to ensure your exam location is correct.
To check your exam location:
- Login to StudentConnect
- If the exam timetable hasn't been released for the study period yet,
- click on 'Enrol in unit/course',
- then your course code,
- then click on the "start enrolment" button,
- then accept the 'Terms and conditions of enrolment'.
- You should then find yourself on 'Step 2i - Your Details'. On this screen, under 'Course Details' you will see a line for 'Exam Location:'. If this has a hyphen (-), you need to allocate an exam location. If it has a location, but it isn't correct, you'll need to request a Change of Cloud Campus Exam Location.
- If the exam timetable has been released for the study period, you can click on 'Exam timetable' and you'll see where your exam location is currently allocated. If it has a location, but it isn't correct, you'll need to request a Change of Cloud Campus Exam Location.
How to set your exam location for Cloud Campus units
Check the list of our main Cloud Campus unit exam locations to see if there is an existing Cloud Campus exam location near you. If there isn’t a location close to you, complete the Nominate or Change exam venue form. Once you’ve set your exam location, it will be set for the duration of your course unless you require a change.
How to change your exam location for Cloud Campus units
If you need to change your exam location temporarily for a trimester, or permanently because you’ve moved, you should complete the Nominate or Change exam venue form.
Fees and dates to change exam location
Trimester 2 2019
No fees for changes
Up until 10 Jan 2019
|Up until 6 May|
Up until 9 Sept
Up until 16 Jan 2020
$150 fee applies per unit if you request to change your exam location between two and four weeks prior to the exam period commencing
From 11 Jan to 24 Jan 2019
|From 7 May to 20 May|
From 10 Sept to 23 Sept
From 17 Jan to 30 Jan 2020
No changes are possible within 2 weeks of the start of the exam period
From 25 Jan to exams
|From 21 May to exams|
From 24 Sept to exams
From 31 Jan 2020 to exams
These fees are detailed each year on the Other fees and charges website.