Understanding your visa

Most international students will hold a Student Visa (subclass 500). Students who were granted a student visa prior to 1 July 2016 held a subclass 570, 571, 572, 573 or, 574.

Some international students may be on other visa types such as bridging visas, temporary visas, working holiday visas or even, tourist visas

Students are required to check their own visa grant document for their individual conditions as these will vary depending on your visa type.  It is important to know what type of visa you have been granted in order to meet the requirements of that visa. You can access this information using your VEVO account either on the VEVO website or by downloading the myVEVO app.

For up-to-date information about your student visa, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

If your study situation has changed this may impact your student visa, please visit the Department of Home Affair’s website ‘Your study situation has changed’.

Last updated:
Page custodian: Student Services