Deakin has share cars located on campus, supplied by Flexicar. Students can use these vehicles.
The Flexicar service is simple – once you’ve created an account online, you just need to book a car via the website or app. Then, simply collect the Flexicar from a designated park and commence your journey. The Flexicar must be returned to the designated Flexicar bays in the car park where you picked it up. Learn more about Flexicar here.
University students can register for a Flexicar account for free. Sign up for a Flexicar account here: http://www.flexicar.com.au/.
How to make a Flexicar booking
- A guide on how to make a flexicar booking can be found here.
Where to park
Park your Flexicar in any white, orange or green bay on campus. They can only be parked in designated Flexicar bays on their home campus (where you picked the car up).
Find Deakin’s Flexicars
Burwood campus: three vehicles – two located on the Elgar Rd side of campus outside building MB (Uganda St) and one located on the main campus in car park 18.
Greenwood Park: three vehicles – located in car park 20.
Warrnambool campus: one vehicle - located in car park 2.
Waterfront campus: six vehicles located in car park 2 - enter from Smythe Street.
Waurn Ponds campus: nine vehicles – four located to the East of building LA (next to the central pool cars), three located in car park 19 outside building NA and two located on Baxter Drive near the student residence buildings.
A few things to remember:
- The cars are owned and managed by Flexicar, not Deakin, and unfortunately we’re not able to help with things such as cancellations, preferred cars, the process for pickup, cleaning, maintenance, or problems with fuel cards. Call Flexicar straight away on 1300 363 780 if you have any issues and they will be able to help.
- If you notice something is wrong with the car, call Flexicar before you start driving, rather than reporting it internally.
- Flexicars can be booked 24/7, by anyone with an account, so it’s important to make sure your pick up and drop off times are accurate. If you aren’t sure how long you’ll need the car, we recommend booking it for the maximum amount of time in case plans change.
- Returning a car late may incur a fee from Flexicar, as well as inconvenience the next person who has booked it.
- Late cancellations (within four hours of booking) will also incur fees.
- To avoid cancellation fees, you must cancel or amend your booking at least four hours before it starts. If you don’t provide four hours’ notice, you will be charged by Flexicar.
- If you have any issues with the car – including if you have difficulty with the fuel card – make sure you call 1300 363 780 straight away (rather than the Campus Services transport team).
Read these FAQs on using Flexicar.