Skip to main content
Skip sub navigation

Insurance for students on placements or work experience

Deakin provides insurance cover for students undertaking medical placement, community placement, practical placement, enterprise experience and work experience approved by the University.

Are you covered?

You are deemed to be an enrolled student until 31 March in the year following your last current enrolment. If you complete your course studies in the current year you are not covered by the University insurance policy if you commence placement/work experience after 31 March of the following year.

Getting approval

Approval for placements or work experience must be obtained from the course coordinator/nominated person within the school or faculty well in advance of the placement starting date.

What cover is provided?

Insurance cover is provided under the following policies:

  • General and products liability (including liability to host employers).
  • Professional indemnity
  • Professional indemnity medical malpractice
  • Personal accident
  • International travel.

Policy summary

If you are considering a placement or work experience, you should familiarise yourself with what the insurance covers.

View Insurance summary for students on placements or work experience (PDF,77KB)

Last updated:
Page custodian: Office of the Chief Financial Officer