How to view your invoice in StudentConnect
After logging in to StudentConnect, go to the 'View invoice' link under the 'Fees and payments' heading on the sidebar menu.
A PDF version of the invoice can be viewed and printed. This can be done by clicking on the 'Print Friendly Version' button located at the bottom of your invoice.
Deakin does not provide paper invoices. It is your responsibility to ensure your financial obligations to the University are met by the relevant invoice due dates.
You should view your invoice for each study period and after any changes to your enrolment to check the accuracy of your enrolment and the amount to be paid/deferred.
Understanding your invoice
This page explains what information is on the invoice and what some of the codes mean. We also have some Frequently Asked Questions about invoices and enrolment.
Your Deakin invoice is divided into 4 sections:
PDF Booklet for download
Understanding your Deakin invoice
- Date of issue
- The date the invoice was created.
- Due date
- The date by which your fees must be paid. Failure to pay by this date may lead to termination of your enrolment.
- Student number
- Your student identification number.
- Total amount due
- Total fees to be paid on your enrolment.
- Tax file number supplied
- This indicates if you have supplied your tax file number for the purpose of HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or OS-HELP. If this indicates ‘NO’ and you wish to access these loans, contact Customer Service or complete the eCAF on StudentConnect.
- Student name and address
- Your name and current postal address.
Course and unit enrolment details
This section includes:
- Course code and name
- The code and name of the course you are enrolled in.
- Unit code and title
- This is a list of units.
- Student status
- This indicates if the unit is charged as Commonwealth supported domestic fee paying or international fee paying. View a list of codes and definitions.
- Unit Amount
- The cost of each unit.
This section includes:
- Fee type
- The type of fee being charged. Examples include:
- Domestic tuition fee
- International tuition fee
- Graduation fee
- Exam fee
- Student amount owing
- Total fees to be paid based on your enrolment as at the date of issue.
- Student payments
- Shows any payments made so far for this study period.
- Sponsored amount
- Total fees to be paid by a third party (eg. employer or scholarship).
How to pay your fees. Only pay by one of the options below:
- Pay online using Bpay. Contact your bank or financial institution to make this payment from cheque, savings, debit, credit card or transaction account. More info at bpay.com.au.
- Payment by telephone
- Phone to pay using credit card or pre-registered account. Call 13 18 16 to pay by Mastercard or Visa. From overseas +61 13 18 16 (Note International call charges apply).
- Payment by internet
- Pay online using credit card or pre-registered account. visit postbillpay.com.au or pay online via StudentConnect.
- Payment by person
- Payment at any Australia Post outlet. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, cheque, EFTPOS debit card, Mastercard or Visa.
Codes and definitions
|201||Fees deferred to HECS-HELP|
|202||Upfront payment with discount (HECS) prior to 2017 and from 1 January 2021|
|204-E||Full upfront payment - HECS-HELP eligible (replaces student status 202 from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2020)|
|203||Upfront payment with no discount (HECS) prior to 2017 and from 1 January 2021|
|204-I||Full upfront payment - HECS-HELP ineligible (replaces student status 203 from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2020)|
|230||Defer all or part payment of tuition fee to FEE-HELP|
|231||Defer all or part payment of tuition fee to FEE-HELP for Employer reserved places|
|233||Defer all or part payment of tuition fee to FEE-HELP for Bridging training for overseas trained professionals|
|301||Domestic student enrolled in a non-award course (other than an enabling course)|
|302||Domestic student required to pay tuition fees upfront|
|303||Paid Full Employer Reserved course tuition fee|
|310||International students required to pay tuition fees upfront|