Letter requests and documentation

Student Central can provide you with letters and documents relating to your enrolment.

Academic Transcripts, Testamurs or Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements (AHEGS)

If you are a current student and need an Academic Transcript, visit the Academic documents webpage.

If you are about to graduate, you can find out more about receiving your Academic transcript, Testamurs and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) visit Graduate documents.

Certified documents

Important documents are photocopies that have been sighted along with the original document. There are some members of Deakin staff who can make statutory declarations, certified documents and/or affidavits.

For information on certifying documents, refer to certified document services at Deakin or the Victorian Department of Justice and Regulation to find a Justice of the Peace.

Changing citizenship status

International to Permanent Australian Resident

You will be required to show proof of your Permanent Resident status to your faculty who will then complete a course transfer form.

The faculty will determine if it will be a domestic fee paying place or a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) depending on availability.

Permanent Australian Resident to Australian citizen

You must email through a certified copy of your Australian citizen certificate to fees@deakin.edu.au alternatively you can visit any Student Central on campus. Once it's processed, you will receive an email (only from your Deakin email) advising of the next steps. The process can take up to 5 days.

Course completion letter

International students will receive a course completion letter in the mail once they've achieved a 'Completed' status on StudentConnect.

If you haven't received your course completion letter or need one urgently, you can visit a Student Central office to have one printed for you.

Evidence of enrolment (EOE)

You can print your Evidence of Enrolment (EOE) for the current study period through StudentConnect by clicking on the 'Print evidence of enrolment' link. If you require formal evidence of your enrolment you may wish to order an academic transcript.

Extending your visa

A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) provides various Government Departments important information about your enrolment with Deakin University as an international student. Go to Compliance and visas to apply for a CoE extension.

Letter delivery status

You can find out the delivery status and other information about documents you've requested by contacting Student Central.

Notarising Academic Transcripts and Testamurs

If you need to comply with foreign requirements you can have your academic transcript and/or Testamur notarised by Student Central. You can send through your documents via post or in person.

Release letter

It's important for international students to read the release guidelines before applying for a release. You can contact a Compliance Officer or visit them at the drop-in centre (Burwood only) in Student Central if you need assistance.

Last updated:
Page custodian: Division of Student Administration