Conditions of use for the a+b studio
The a+b Studio is a 1050 square metre open plan teaching space that provides students with the flexibility required to work on their creative projects. The Studio provides a collective approach to study allowing students to work collaboratively, with all year levels and disciplines.
Conditions of use
The following conditions need to be followed when using the studio:
- No power tools
- No concrete or plaster
- Knives MUST have a retractable blade
- No spray painting
- Glue must be either water based, loctite or mercury (Mercury glue can be purchased from the workshop or your local hobby store)
- No cutting on tables without a cutting board
- No sleeping on Deakin premises
- No supporting of unauthorised access to others
- Respectful and collegial behaviour at all times
- No standing on chairs or tables
- No climbing of fixtures.
The studio is open between 8:00 - 00:00 Monday to Friday and 9:00 - 17:00 Saturday and Sunday. Access is provided to students that are enrolled and have completed the Safety Induction Unit.