Information Technology Student Information
Useful student links and resources
- Student information and resources
- Plan your study - course maps
- Student scholarships
- Student prizes, awards and recognition
- Health and safety - including inductions
- Peer Support Network - student mentoring program
- Work Integrated Learning - internships and placements
- Global experiences - study abroad, exchange and other opportunities
If you have a general student inquiry, need course advice or help with your enrolment, please contact Student Central.
Software and Hardware
Software - Students will use free and open source software where possible, and will also have access to desktop software via IT Help.
Hardware - It is recommended that students have access to a computer with the following minimum specifications:
- 4 core CPU, preferably Intel Core i7 or AMD equivalent (ARM not recommended at this stage)
- 16 GB Ram
- Dedicated GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 or equivalent (RTX 20 Series desirable for more advanced digital forensics and analytics)
Additional Hardware requirements - Students will be required to purchase computing equipment for specific units. To view these requirements, and the expected cost, please refer to the respective unit descriptions in the Handbook.