Concerns and complaints
The following information is for Deakin students. If you are not a student, please go to Contact Deakin
We hope you find your time at Deakin to be enjoyable and rewarding. If you're not happy about something at the University, do let us know! We'll do our best to resolve your concerns and to address any underlying issues.
- Check the relevant information and processes
The Concerns or complaints information page provides links to policies and other information you may find helpful. Note that assessment issues are normally handled by the faculties, under the Assessment (Higher Education Courses) or Academic Progress procedures.
- Consider talking to the person or area causing you concern
Sometimes asking questions or explaining your point of view (respectfully!) can resolve your concerns.
- Ask for help if you need it
Safer Community can help if you feel threatened or unsafe because of the way someone at Deakin is behaving. (If you are on campus now and need an immediate response, call Deakin Security on 1800 062 579.)
A Harassment and Discrimination Contact Officer can help you to clarify what's happening and decide what to do, if you think you may be experiencing discrimination, sexual harassment, victimisation or bullying.
Formal complaints must be lodged centrally (see 4 below), but the following people may be able to help you to resolve your concerns informally:
- your Unit Chair, if your concerns relate to a unit
- a student advisor
- a Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) Advocate (free, confidential advice for all students)
- the Disability Resource Centre (if a disability, health or mental health condition affects your study)
- an International Student Advisor
- the Designated Complaints Contact in the relevant area. See 'Points of contact' below.
Faculties and Schools
Faculty of Arts and Education
Faculty of Business and Law
|All campuses||Jen Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org||9244 3859|
|Burwood||John Deanemail@example.com||924 45144|
|Geelong||Jo Wilsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||5227 2505|
|Higher Degrees by Research||Bronwyn Kellyemail@example.com||5227 2442|
Faculty of Health
|Health Student and Academic Services||Melinda Thomasfirstname.lastname@example.org||925 17115|
|Higher Degrees by Research|