Introduction to referencing
Referencing is a system for acknowledging sources that you use as supporting evidence in your writing. It is also a way of building and sharing knowledge, and demonstrating how you engage critically with sources.
Check your understanding
You might also be interested in...
- Referencing explained: Using sources
- Referencing explained: Further strategies
- Study Support: individual consultations, guides and online support.
- Deakin Library guide on evaluating information
- Student guide to Academic integrity
See also these Lib Guides: