Peer Support Program
The Peer Support Program provides social and academic support to students in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment (SEBE).
Be a Mentee
- Your Faculty Peer Mentors will be able to answer any questions you have
- They will share their experiences in overcoming the challenges of studying at university
- You will learn about all the great services and opportunities available at Deakin
- You will develop a professional and social network.
The program is for students in their first trimester in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment. Each week your Mentors will discuss topics including life at university, academic support, making the most of your time at university.
If you are in your first trimester of study in the Faculty, check your Deakin email for instructions. If you haven’t received the email, or you would like to be a Mentee in the program, apply here.
Be a Mentor
- Develop and demonstrate employability skills (communication, leadership, teamwork, intercultural and interpersonal skills)
- Receive exclusive access to professional development and training
- Develop a professional and social network
- Maintain a sense of achievement about helping others.
You will be provided with training and ongoing professional development opportunities to ensure you are confident in your Mentor role.
Develop your skills. Enhance your employability.
Ask a Mentor
Mentors can provide advice, referrals to services and answer your questions about studying and making the most of your time at Deakin.
Have a question you would like answered?
You will receive a response within 2 business days and can choose if you would like to be answered by email, phone or video call.
Got any questions about the program?
Email us at