Skip to main content
Skip sub navigation

Your fees

All Deakin students are required to pay fees. Your offer letter will confirm the type of place you have, whether it is a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), a domestic fee-paying place, an international fee-paying place, or other. Your fees are based on your place type, as well as your course and the units that you select.

Our fees webpage has comprehensive information about your fees based on your place type.

When you accept and enrol in your place at Deakin, it's important to:

  • understand the type of place you have and the fees associated with your course of study.
  • estimate your course fees using our fee estimator tool, so you know approximately how much your fees will be.
  • learn when you can access an invoice, how to view and pay your invoice, and the due dates for payment.

Your Tax File Number (domestic students)

As a domestic student, if you wish to use HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or SA-HELP, you will need to provide us with your Tax File Number (TFN). Your TFN is your personal reference number for the taxation system and is provided by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

When you accept and enrol in StudentConnect, you will be prompted to input your TFN, so it’s a good idea to have it ready.

You can learn more about your TFN here. If you don’t have a TFN, you can apply for one now on the Australian Government website.

Depending on your circumstances, if you have a myGovID, an Australian passport and other form of Australian identity documents like a Medicare card you should be able to get a TFN instantly via the ATO. Otherwise, it can take up to 28 working days for you to receive your TFN. You can still accept and enrol without providing your TFN, but you must remember to add it to your HELP forms in StudentConnect before census date. Otherwise, you will need to pay your fees upfront or risk your enrolment being discontinued.

Current VCE Accelerate students

If you are studying at Deakin during your VCE as an Accelerate student, you are not required to pay tuition fees. Find out more.

    Last updated:
    Page custodian: Student Services