AustCham Hong Kong
Why follow paths when you can create them?
Don’t miss the opportunity to live and work in Hong Kong, while gaining credit toward your degree.
The Faculty of Business and Law have partnered with the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AustCham) to offer you the opportunity to undertake internships in this thriving hub for trade and commerce in Trimester 3, 2019.
You will live and work in Hong Kong, gaining invaluable employment skills while immersing yourself in the local cultural life and social scene. Potential host organisations include PWC, Colliers International, Moore Stephens, Ernst & Young, KPMG and more. On the ground support is provided by AustCham for the duration of your placement.
Short-term (4-6 weeks) and long-term (8-12 weeks) placements are available. This amazing opportunity will be subject to a competitive application process. Successful students will be matched with a host organisation, provided financial assistance through the New Colombo Plan funding and supported to secure your visa and accommodation.
Determine your eligibility below and apply for this once in a lifetime opportunity today! Applications close on 14 July 2019.
In 2019, this program will only be open to students who are eligible to receive New Colombo Plan (NCP) funding, which is subject to strict Australian Government eligibility criteria. Please ensure you are eligible prior to submitting an application:
- You must be an Australian Citizen. Students are not eligible for NCP funding for this program if you have dual citizenship or residency rights in Hong Kong.
- To undertake a short-term placement, you must meet the pre-requisite of 12 completed Credit Points, and be able to fit MWL303 within your course plan in T3 2019.
- To undertake a long-term placement, you must have completed 16 Credit Points, and have the ability to take MWL311 (2 Credit Points) + MWL204 in T3 2019.*
- You must be enrolled in an on-shore campus at Deakin University throughout the duration of the placement.
- You must be undertaking a Bachelor degree or Bachelor Honours Degree at the commencement of the placement. Therefore, only undergraduate students are eligible.
- You must be between 18-28 years of age at the commencement of the placement.
*Students eligible to take the Professional Practice minor in their course would make significant progress towards this minor by completing this experience.