Internship – MWL318 and MWL718
Key requirements for MWL318/MWL718 Internship
- Internships must be between 80-160 hours.
- Host organisations must have at least 5 employees or supporting staff.
- Internships must be in a new, professional role related to your business studies. Roles such as retail, sales or customer service do not qualify for this unit.
- Applications must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to commencing any internship, and before the set university enrolment deadlines. Applications after you have already commenced are strictly not accepted.
- Deakin will provide insurance for all unpaid internships.
- Internships can be taken at almost any time of the year. You will be enrolled in the trimester where your internship mostly occurs, and assessments are set based on your start and end date.
- Paid internships can be longer than 160 hours, but you will be assessed only up to 160 hours.
- Internships can be undertaken almost anywhere: locally, internationally, online.
Ways to take MWL318/MWL718 Internship
Unit details and eligibility
Please visit the University Handbook for further unit information, prerequisites and key trimester dates.
It is your responsibility to ensure that taking a WIL unit contributes towards your course requirements and will not prevent you from meeting your course rules. Please contact Student Central if you are unsure.
Key dates and FAQs
This unit is available in all three trimesters. You must first apply to the WIL team as it is not possible to self-enrol in this unit.
MWL318/MWL718 is a repeatable unit, but it cannot be undertaken twice in the same trimester, or twice with the same host organisation.
Applications will usually close by the 'final day to add units'. Please see our how to apply webpage for specific opening and closing dates.
Visit the frequently-asked questions page for further information.