Find a supervisor
Postgraduate research supervision (Masters by Research and PhD) is available in the following disciplines:
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Food Science
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Public Health and Health Promotion
- Health Economics
- General Medicine and Molecular Biotechnology
- Medical Imaging
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
HDR Application Process
The key to entry in the Faculty of Health (besides meeting entry qualifications) into a Higher Degree by Research (PhD or Masters by Research) program is the support of a Deakin staff member to supervise your research program. The support of your preferred Supervisor is essential, so you must discuss your research interests/ proposed program with a supervisors prior to applying for candidature. Supervisors in the Faculty of Health will expect you to propose your research topic/question, and to discuss your research topic/question with them.
Information on research degrees, entry pathways, scholarships, and how to apply (online application) can be found at
Faculty of Health Scholarship Closing Dates
- The Closing Date for domestic applicants seeking a Scholarship is 31 October of the preceding year.
- The Closing Date for international applicants seeking a Scholarship is 31 July of the preceding year.
Applications for candidature only may apply at any time.