Health Career Mentoring
Are you looking to work in psychology, health sciences, public health or health promotion? Our Health Career Mentoring program can help you get there.
This three-month program matches motivated, final-year undergraduate Faculty of Health students enrolled in non-clinical courses with experienced industry mentors, to help them gain insight and enhance their graduate employability.
Becoming a mentee gives you a chance to access experienced industry professionals and benefit from the expertise and insights that they have gained throughout their careers. Through the program you will:
- receive one-on-one mentoring as you prepare for graduation
- get advice and guidance on job searching, applications and interviews
- learn more about career opportunities and industry insight
- expand your professional network
- understand the steps you need to take to achieve your career goals.
- You are an undergraduate student enrolled in your final year of a psychology, health sciences, or public health and health promotion course.
- You haven't found suitable graduate-level employment but hope to commence employment after you graduate.
- You are motivated and willing to proactively enhance your employability.
By participating in the program you are committing to:
- attending an in-person opening event (three hours including lunch)
- setting up and attending approximately five meetings with your mentor during the program
- participating in career development activities
- attending a final virtual celebration with other program participants.
|Mentee applications open||Wednesday 5 July 2023|
|Mentee applications close||Sunday 6 August 2023|
|Confirmation of matches and program details||Friday 25 August 2023|
|Opening event (in person)||Tuesday 12 September 2023|
|Closing event (online)||Thursday 14 December 2023|