Help for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
What is the Navigate program?
The Navigate program pairs experienced and friendly student mentors with participants (mentees) to support their transition to studying at Deakin. Participants must be registered with the Disability Resource Centre (DRC) and have ASD or related difficulties.
If you join the program, your mentor will meet with you on campus for at least 30 minutes, once a week, for your first trimester. In your second trimester you will have the opportunity to meet with your mentor or the other Navigate mentors via group and/or drop in sessions.
Your mentor is a student just like you, so they’ll be able to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have about your experience at Deakin, such as:
- using DeakinSync and other online tools
- finding classrooms and lecture theatres
- using the library, both on campus and online
- writing and submitting assignments
- linking you to study support resources
- getting information about Deakin clubs and societies
- using your student card
- or simply needing to see a friendly face around campus!
I’m interested – how do I get involved?
If you would like some more information about the Navigate program, please contact the Disability Resource Centre for an interview.