Information technology placements
IT internships/placements are an excellent opportunity for you to experience professional practice in a real-world setting while receiving credit towards your degree.
The aim of a placement unit is to improve your employability skills, which includes communication, teamwork, self-management and lifelong learning competencies. This placement will enhance your career portfolio, expand your industry network and is an excellent opportunity to try a potential career direction before you make a long-term commitment to a career path post-graduation.
Please refer to the University handbook for assessment details.
How to apply for an internship or placement
- Watch our WIL Information Session (passcode = 1WBzR.V#).
- Read useful information on preparing and sourcing your WIL placement.
- Contact the WIL Team before you send your placement agreement to an organisation to determine if the Faculty has an existing agreement with that organisation
- Read self-placement student instructions (PDF, 476.7KB) for assistance on how to apply.
- Apply through InPlace. You will complete an application and attach the agreement and industry placement form for your placement. Note, when submitting your attachments in InPlace, make sure you click ‘upload’ and then 'save'.