Submitting a low risk human ethics application
Applications may be submitted to HEAG-H at any time. All applications must be signed and approved by the head of school before submission to HEAG-H.
There have been some changes in the requirements for low-risk ethics applications:
- Please use the low risk application form (DOCX, 91.5KB) for all submissions to HEAG-H.
- The 'Victorian Privacy Supplement' is now only required where the project involves a waiver of consent. Waiver projects should always go to DUHREC, so this supplement is no longer required for HEAG-H applications.
- Applications required to be reviewed by another Australian Human Ethics Committee must be submitted to DUHREC on the previously approved application form. (DOCX, 60.4KB).
- Application for exemption from ethics review must be submitted to DUHREC on the exemption from ethics review form (DOCX, 55.4KB).
- There is a plain language statement and consent form designed for use in low risk projects.
Applicants who wish to submit an application through HEAG-H should include a low risk application form (DOCX, 91.5KB), a copy of the plain language statement and consent form (DOCX, 49.2KB), as well as any other relevant paperwork (such as copies of surveys, interviews, questions and approvals from external agencies).
Higher than low risk applications should be submitted to DUHREC on the Human Research Ethics Application (HREA).