Welcome to Environmental Engineering. The Environmental Engineering laboratories at Deakin provide access to a wide range of analytical equipment and techniques that can be applied to a broad range of subject areas such as air, water and soil quality, air and noise pollution and control and ecological health.
These laboratories are available to students, industry and the wider Deakin University community.
Come and see the friendly and helpful staff in Environmental Engineering to discuss your laboratory requirements.
Spaces and open times
The Lab is open from 9am – 5pm weekdays.
The laboratory consists of three laboratories:
- Water analysis laboratory – KC1.106
- Water research laboratory – KC1.101
- Teaching laboratory – KC2.101
See Water and Environmental Engineering Lab for equipment information
Access the lab
Send an email to the relevant technical officer to arrange a meeting to discuss your laboratory requirements.
You must have completed the following prior to using the laboratories.
- Online Lab Safety Training Modules
- Local area induction session
- Equipment specific induction
- Project Safety Assessment
Information about Commencing a Project
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 22nd Edition, 2012;
- AS/NZS 5667:1998, Water quality – Sampling