Become a mentor
Become a mentor at Deakin and develop your skills in communication, organisation and leadership!
At Deakin, students help students. All programs offer great opportunities to learn new skills, meet new people and participation is a great addition to your resumé. By joining one of the many peer mentoring programs, you will develop and enhance important skills, such as teamwork, communication and problem solving.
Although each mentoring program has its own specific requirements and recruitment process, there are some general guidelines:
- You must be a current Deakin student
- You must have completed at least one trimester of study at Deakin
- Most programs recruit from September onwards for the following year – although a few have on-going recruitment
- Most recruit via UniHub and their program websites
- Some roles are paid while some are voluntary
- Some programs have specific requirements but others just want you to be willing to have a go!
For program specific requirements and recruitment, please visit the program websites below: