Skip to main content
Skip sub navigation

Accepting, enrolling and your visa

Preparing for your arrival

Accepting, enrolling and your visa

There are a few steps you need to complete to confirm your enrolment at Deakin.

Accepting and enrolling

To commence study at Deakin as an international student, first you need to accept your offer and enrol in your course and your units of study.

You will receive an offer email from Deakin with all the information you need to fulfil the conditions of your offer of study.

Your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

Once you receive an offer to study at Deakin, you will receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). This is an official statement from Deakin that lists your program of study, as well as the start and end dates of your degree. You will receive your CoE via email.

Once you receive your CoE, you can apply for your student visa.

Your student visa

As soon as you receive your CoE, you are required to submit your application for a student visa to the Department of Home Affairs. You cannot study your course from offshore, and you are required to arrive onshore in Australia to commence on-campus studies before OWeek.

As your visa application can take time, the earlier you commence this process, the better.

Want to make the best start to your study in Australia?

Ensure you arrive in Australia with enough time to settle into your accommodation and prepare for OWeek.

Your visa conditions

As an international student on a student visa, you must adhere to a number of important conditions. Otherwise, you risk your student visa being cancelled. These conditions outline what you can and can’t do while studying in Australia.

They include:

  • Enrolment obligations, including staying correctly enrolled in the course that matches your visa.
  • Study obligations, including achieving an adequate completion level of your units.
  • Personal obligations, including maintaining appropriate health insurance and only working a set number of hours.

Learn more about your visa conditions

You can also visit the Department of Home Affairs website for more information.

Last updated:
Page custodian: Student Services