My Coach for People Leaders
Deakin understands that being a manager of staff, while being a privilege, can sometimes also include difficult interactions and potentially stressful situations.
In order to mostly fully support people leaders and their staff to develop and thrive, we are pleased to introduce the ‘My Coach for People Leaders’ program. This program is being provided to Deakin by Benestar, an experienced provider of wellness services who currently already provide to the tertiary education sector in Victoria.
This program is now available to specifically to people leaders, separate and in addition to, the services currently provided by the Human Resources Division.
What is the ‘My Coach for People Leaders’ service?
- An opportunity to receive support and guidance in managing workplace situations in a timely way via a variety of mediums (phone, video, live chat);
- Offer the ability to speak to a psychologist, usually an organisational psychologist with expertise in group behaviour and interpersonal dynamics to assist you in your leadership role;
- Offers access for managers to BeneHub services
- A confidential service;
- Is highly responsive (you can usually speak to someone qualified to address your query within a few hours);
- Most often provided over phone but also via IM;
- Does not replace Deakin policies and services, and is in addition to these.
To access the service please call Benestar on 1300 360 364.