Value and duration
$5000 paid as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees) per year, or a combination of both to the value of $5000 per year - the choice is yours!
$10 000 paid as cash or tuition fees per year, or a combination of both to the value of $10 000 per year - the choice is yours!
The scholarship is awarded for the normal full time duration of the course. Different study load rules apply to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Continued eligibility is subject to maintaining a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 65.
28 August 2018
We will commence offering a limited number of scholarships on 14 December 2018 with the remainder of scholarships offered within six weeks of the closing date detailed above. We will continue making offers until all scholarships are awarded.
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- commencing or currently enrolled at Deakin University in an undergraduate bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth support place (CSP) or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee) in any trimester/semester in the 2019 academic year
- bachelor and honours students enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study, or postgraduate students enrolled in at least two credit points
- able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the Arts
- any other achievement.
Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our course and scholarship applicant portal.
One application for three scholarships:
If you follow the steps and select the 'Deakin Funded Scholarships Program' option, your application will automatically be considered for the Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarship, Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process. This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements
- evidence of any sporting or other achievements
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.